Thursday, April 14, 2011

here's the number to my therapist, you tell him all yr problems, he's fuckin' awesome at listening

Somehow I've ignored Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All.* Only every blog since SXSW has been telling me to check them. But why would I want to do that? Fuck the internet in all its wisdom. It rilly took Khori Johnson to sit me down and introduce me to them.



A lot of nasty words there, particularly for a crew of teenagers and barely twentytons. The video is pretty striking and the mythology hypnotic. I said hypnotic, not coherent. The worm has been in my ear all week now. It's evil is strong. I should mention there are an indeterminate number of them, not just Tyler.





Yeah, I love them. They don't offer the option of neutrality, so I pick the positive option, despite the scatological death that makes up the imagery. I just like watching these kids perform and wish I was young again.




I told Khori I would like to see them live. He affirmed how good they were, but noted that he did not want to get punched in the face. He may be right.

*Odd Future if yr nasty

No comments:

Post a Comment