Wednesday, April 13, 2011

dj cornbread's "pink played out"

I get it, it's hard out there for a beat scholar in a world where the great pop canon is compressed to 1200 songs and 50 albums for many people. It can be terribly lonely and alienating, which is why at some point I settled for being a beat enthusiast. Regardless of their actual quality, diamond sellers can be infuriating. By their nature they set the limits of awareness for so many. I just can't let this vex me. It was a relief letting go of all my negative connotations of frat boys and suburban culture blanks and learning to enjoy Bob Marley's Legend again. Yes, it barely scratches the surface. Yes, it uses those blanded out bassless rock mixes. Yes, it is still great. If that's all you know of Bob, I feel sorry for you, but I'm afraid you can't have any of the skin off my back.

DJ Cornbread doesn't feel the same way, and he still hates Dark Side of the Moon. Too bad for him, but still hatred is a passion infinitely preferable to indifference. Maybe that's why the new beat mix is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment